If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, October 06, 2008

I finally got around to uploading photos from the launch of Aluna, Beat and Beatrix's Tiki 38. I've been busy. Kiki Johnston, who helped rig for the launch got me going on Gary Dierking's outrigger canoe "Ulua" so I got the book out of my local library and have started building. More on that later. I've been thinking about it for awhile anyway - a sailing outrigger as a lightweight get there without the outboard kind of craft. By the way, I'm bilding out of scrap from my Tiki build and hope to do the strip planking in Bamboo 1/4"x3/4".

Aluna Launch September 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.