If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I just got back from a couple of weeks of sailing in the San Juan Islands in north western Washington State. Sixteen days or so of living on Tsunamichaser. I sailed up with my buddy Andy Detloff to deliver parts to Casey and Julia Orr who live on their Tiki 21 Badu. They are self-claimed dirtbag climbers/sailors. We had a reat time sailing hanging out away from the crowds in "cat corners" and generally having a good time eating the seafood we caught. Summer time in the San Juans usually mean light winds which we had until I started home solo when a gale decided to blow through. I sat it out for 30 plus hours in a slough enjoying the books I had along and the silly songs I concocted on my ukelele. Here is a short sunny day video - no sound!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.