If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, December 10, 2006


I am back at it today, finishing the fillets I made over the last couple of days. To do this, I flipped the boat on its side. It felt light somehow. Maybe it was the raucous celebration of art, Karl Krogstad Paints, that I attended last night at Gallery 63 Eleven. Much wine was consumed.....

I am adding glass cloth over the last interior fillets to finish them up. I also put pieces of blue tape in all the spots I need to do some more resin work to finish the interior coating but before I can do that I need to do more sanding. So the plan as of now is to finish taping the fillets and then returning it to its upside down position. I will spend the next week getting the bottom ready for cloth and beyond before I turn it upright again to start the decks and cabin.

The hull is starting to show real strength. I stood on the hull as it lay on its side. I even bounced a bit. It responded well, no cracking sounds and little flex. Wait until the deck and cabin are on. In the photo you can see that I'm heating the work I did so that I can flip it to the other side later today to do the work on that side but first I have an indoor soccer game to play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.