If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Friday, December 08, 2006


I made a video of how I flip the hull over. It's getting to the point where it is difficult using only the tie down straps I've been using. I need to rig up a block and tackle system.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas I reckon you're still thinking she's a kayak! don't go expecting to split the hulls and doing a portage round the shallows!
Isn't it funny though how we lone builders look at two or three man jobs as a challenge, but then I guess that's what makes us believe we can look after ourselves when we are actually out there on our own.
Take it easy.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two (single handed) thumbs up on the video.

But get a block and tackle!

Hate to see the video of her on the floor...

Richard and Dorothy

8:22 PM  
Blogger tsunamichaser said...

Richard and Dorthy,

You're right I need to move up to a block and tackle set up. The straps are actually plenty strong, SWL of 2000 lbs. The actual worry is the two by four rafters and the garage wall they are attached to. Good thing I'm almost done flipping it over. Once I get the bottom glassed and painted, I'll set the hull upright and hopefully leave it that way.

Thomas

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.