If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, November 30, 2006


I am nearing day fifty of building in the shed. Sixty-six days ago I entered the shed. I think of this building in days not hours as the plans give - 700 hours to build one of these beauties. Days are more informative of progress to me. Actually I should'nt be counting at all, but my curiosity got me and the idea of having to start this once again. How long will it take the second time? ----------

I should go skiing, wait for the cold to pass and hit it again. In my morning post I thought it was going to be in the fifties - dream on! What wishful thinking, the temperature maxed out at 39.4 F. They say it will be in the mid-forties next week - they say, who is they, we'll see. Meanwhile I dream of building on a warm beach where I could run down to the water for a swim or if the swell was up a surf. Cold-cold-cold, you are get'in me down. I should abandon you boat for a session in the pow-pow. That would help but would I return before melt out in spring. Dream of that warm stretch of sand somewhere south of here. My viking blood must be thinning. The rice and beans and fish I eat must fortify. I can tolerate it but the epoxy will not cure. Yes I have those cold cold no good epoxy blues!




This is where I want to be building! A black sand beach in the warm air of a Pacific breeze

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah baby.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.