If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006




Any promise of pre-thanksgiving skiing washed away with the last storm's rising temperature. Instead of snow, the slopes were pummeled with heavy rain. A good thing for boatbuilding as it is allowing me to refocus on building instead of figuring out how to sneak away for a day or two of turns at the local hills. Now missing skiing is NOT a good thing but not being able to focus on the boat is BAD! After yesterday's all day sanding extravaganza I'm back to making bits and pieces and gluing stuff together. I'm ready to install upper hull panels and did manage to dry fit one yesterday after I posted. It fits though it is about 1 cm short. I also went ahead and did a top coat of clear resin on the bulkhead to hull glass woven cloth tape in the cabin area. I discovered a few rough spots and actually cut myself on some non-bedded biaxial tape in the hold area so I added resin there too. I've been doing this by turning the boat on its side and taping off the area with blue masking tape to do the coating. This makes for a nice smooth and run/sag free application with a clean straight edge but it means I only get one side done at a time. I did one side late last night and the other first thing this morning. I am also gluing up the long batten I plan to use as the inner stringer (departing from Wharram's plans). This stringer will be integrated into an interior fillet where the hull meets the deck or cabin side per the attached drawing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guy

Just saying hello. Are Lise's parents in to help on the boat?

David

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.