If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

In the end I couldn't stay out of the shed despite freezing temperatures. There were carpentry tasks that I could do so by mid-afternoon I found myself setting up the table saw to mill out temporary external stringers. I moved the thirty foot long half round I'd made from the shed to the garage for sanding. I set up my jig and drilled holes in the bulkheads and then snaked the half round into the respective holes along the length of the hull. Despite the lights in the work shop, it was getting too dark to see all the details so I donned my headlamp. At this time of year it gets dark early at this latitude. I finished up the days work by landing the half round on the bow and stern and screwing it in place. Keeping in mind the great clean up I had done yesterday, I spent a few more minutes sweeping up before closing up for the day. Now as I type, I am noticing the tingling in my finger tips, despite the tin work gloves I was wearing, as they warm up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.