If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

For a moment there I got impatient. I forgot to remember slow-time, maƱana! There I was last night thinking I'd be installing cabin tops and decks sometime soon. Like next week. As I stood in the shed this morning, wearing a silly hat and a pair of flipflops (the temperature has doubled and we are back to mid-fifties), I started howling at myself with laughter. What was I thinking? I have all that gluing, filleting, taping and finishing of the upper hullsides before I can finish the inside for shelving, paint and buoyancy foam and that doesn't even consider the need for dryfitting deck beams and stringers. ...........Oh and if you are building one of these, don't forget the multitude of hullside doubling plates for shrouds, deckbeams etc like I almost did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.