If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Tsunamichaser sails great and I wouldn't want to make any major changes to what I did. There are some subtle ones though and lots of tweaking to do.

Plan on having ventilation in the habitable compartments under the decks - they sweat bad.

My hatches leak - most do but I wouldn't want to be taking major weather over them. I'm thinking of adding a small flange around the coaming and then making "spray skirts". Kind of the way kayaks have a neoprene cover under the fiberglass deck hatches to cargo areas. Sailing while standing in the windward hull works great. Since I can open my hatches half way I actually plan on having a spray skirt too.

The Nissan 6 rocks. With the ultra long shalf you can be bucking in short chop or big boat wake and it does'nt come near the surface.

My cockpit is great but again the storage boxes leak as I just have simple lids. I don't think I'll do a major rebuild. Again I'm thinking of a soft cover under the wood seats with a water resistant zipper - aka duffel bag style.

The biggest issue is how to attach an anchor. I need to do some research into how to anchor a multihull. I don't want to have the anchor pulling on the forward beam in the center so I need to use some form of bridle. Right now I tie off on the end of the forward beam and lead the anchor through a snatch block attached to the large eye pad I have at the bow. I'm really happywith the way I set up the bow compartments. Using the forward compartment (fill it most of the way with foam and add a sub deck and install a drain hole) for the rode works great. I can't get the anchor in there so I take it off. I attach it with a beefy locking caribiner made of stainless steel but a better solution needs to be dreamed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.