If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

There was a real feeling of spring in the air today (sorry Neil if you're reading this!) even some of the spring flowers are starting to poke up out of the ground. It sparked my need to get back to work on Tsunamichaser. I have a bunch of tasks I need to get done besides a few more degrees and I'll be sailing - probably March. I didn't work on the surfboard as the epoxy filler I did yesterday needs a couple of days to harden before I start to sand it pre glassing. I'm fairing/filling with wood flour thickened epoxy which is a bear to sand especially if it has'nt totally set up. As I was heading to my bamboo supplier to get material for a house project need, I decided to swing by my local Laird Plastic outlet to pick up a block of scrap (ended up being nylon) to make a replacement mast slider for the Dutch gaff. The photo above shows how the original one has cracked (oak) and the leather and plastic pads haven't help its movement much or its wear on the mast. The plan is to cut one out of a single block of nylon stock and see if that works better. The next thing will be to take down the mast so I can refinish the wear the slider has caused on the mast. It would be a good thing to drop the mast anyway as I haven't checked the mast head since I launched.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.