If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

CONTENT OF A "WAITING FOR WOOD" EMAIL TO MY BUDDY BART (NO LAST NAME WE DON'T WANT THE SHERRIF, THE LAWYERS OR THE COLLECTORS TO CATCH UP WITH HIM NOW DO WE!)

Hey Bart, How are you doing? Henricks has kept me abreast of the developments in your life back east and the cards you are being dealt but I figured I should get in contact directly. He gave me your email. It's been a couple of years. First I should let you know that all the same guys still work the desk at Dunn Lumber down on Latona. Pretty unbelievable - it's like 20 years since I first started buying twobyfours and the like from those guys! They must like their jobs. Speaking of jobs - I don't have one, not one that pays anyway and I like it that way. Instead of being gainfully employed, i'm drainlessly spending my loose cash on plywood and epoxy. I'm a stay at home dad and plan on keeping it that way for as long as I can. Now that doesn't mean that I am not busy because I am. Of all the stupid things to do I am building a 26 foot Catamarran in my 38 foot long backyard with no good way of getting it out of there except up over my deck through the fence and out my neighbor's driveway. I'm on good terms with him - still. Let's hope it stays that way! Being a stay home dad is lonely business. Most dads work, most stay home moms are cliquey as a bunch of highschool seniors and certainly won't go there about boats. So I toil away between school dropoff and school pickup my 6 hours of undisturbed time. Yes my baby is now in first grade. So as I sit here, mid-morning, waiting for the delivery of a load of Okume BS1088 plywood from Edensaw I'm wondering how I am going to get all the other things done that the day demands. ....oh, got to go I hear the strain of a diesel grinding it's way up the hill and through the obstacle course that is my street.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.