If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006




This series of photos shows how I resolved my issue with the diagonals, after Jim's helpful comment and my new understanding. I made a triangular piece of wood that fits on top of the keel-stem that sits immediately on top of these piece and goes from Bulkhead #6 to the land point of the diagonals. This piece has been epoxied in and filleted today. I will first glass over it with 12 oz biaxial e-glass and then fit the diagonals.

The amazing thing about the tetrahedron issue is why I couldn't see it. A couple of months ago I had been considering moving to one of the Gulf Islands, for the building of this boat, and living in what is called a Yome. I had looked into yurts but the smell of the covering fabric drove me nuts!

Red Sky Shelters make a structure that uses silicone impregnated canvas. The samples where easy on my nose but in the end I couldn't coordinate the move. It would have been good. I had a great building cover lined up with a view of a saltwater inlet and the occasional bald eagle flying by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.