If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006





Work on the boat seems to have slowed in pace. No big dramatic steps forward like wiring panels together and suddenly you can envision the boat. Today I made my first couple of mistakes too. I had just spread out a big batch of epoxy and then proceeded to stick my arm in it. Luckily I coat myself in barrier cream up to my elbows! Next I tackled the removal of the molding clay barriers that I had made to facilitate making end fillets for the diagonals only to discover the clay was binding with the epoxy. Good lesson as I was about to start making underside fillets for the bunk boards. I stopped before I started pouring epoxy and made a test jig. I am using base molding as a mold to form up the fillet. The photos show one mold in place and the test sample I made to see if the base mould material releases - it's some nasty kind of plastic that smells of styrene. People put this stuff in their houses?!
Having work slow down hasn't been all bad. I can do other things in between. On Monday I stood outside staring up at the blue sky trying to locate the honking sound I was hearing, there were four snow geese flying overhead. They were pretty high up and flying in pairs. It was great to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.