If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, December 11, 2006

I have started work on the outside of the hull. After working on the hull on its side yesterday I returned it to its upside position and set it on shortened saw horses (I cut the legs down on a pair I had) to make it easy to reach the keel. It suddenly reminded me of a viking longship. The way they were suppose to have been used as the roof for temporary shelters when overwintering in remote places.

I didn't do much real work today mainly planning. I purchased the various tools, glass cloth and fairing materials I'll need to glass the outside. I'll spend the remainder of the week getting ready for glassing, fairing the hull, patching wire holes, rounding the keel etc.

My experiences at the various marine supply stores of fiberglass products and related tools were commonly familiar. Why is it that so often the people who work in sales in these stores are either totally cynical of downright sourfaced and bitter? I don't get it but I also don't let it get to me. I guess so many people don't end up doing what they want to in life but do what they think they have to. Take one comment I got today, "yup looks like a boat-sized bill! Oh well you can't take it with you though I guess you can line the box with it" What was that all about. Money! I don't get it why people slave at jobs they hate just to make money they don't want to spend. I have no plans to letting such statements get me down, I'll carry-on with all the optimism the project deserves. I am truely grateful for the opportunity and experience I am having in shaping this Tiki 26 and look forward to the exploring I intend to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.