If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007


The glass on the first side was cured enough to trim it and scrape/sand runs on the otherside this morning. I did what needed to be done on the glassed side and flipped the boat over. This isgetting more and more difficult as it gets heavier. It took an hour to flip it and get it settled on the makeshift supports I'm using which includes adjustable sawhorses, toolboxes, cribbing and a basketball (spring cushion) The hull wasn't sitting as flat as yesterday but this ended up being an advantage. Once situated, I precoated the entire hull with resin then had lunch. After lunch, I rolled out the cloth which draped very nicely. It had less wrinkles today for some reason. This took next to no time so thinking all was going smoothly I mixed up a large batch of resin and starting from 1/4 forward from the stern I wetted out the stern first. Two more batches of resin and one hour or so later I had most of the glass wetted out. Today I concentrated on using a 6 inch rubber squeegee with a wedge-shaped edge. I got great results with only a couple of spots that I had to go back and fix dry areas and resin rich areas. Though it has turned cold this evening, I think I'll be able to turn the hull back to the upside down position so I can detail the glass tomorrow and add a final strip along the keel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.