If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I was at it early today as I had to teach a class in the afternoon. I got at the boat at 630 am rehanging it in the slings to flip it over. This went smoothly and didn't take long. I guess lifting weights helps build the muscle strength needed to do this. I don't mind doing mindless/purposeless gym routines when I can apply it to real life lifting. Once I was into the 7 am hour and I could here the workers on the house being built a block away I fired up my sanders to take care of two fair patches I had done and rough glass and drips where I had overlapped the glass from the other side around. Next came a cleaning of the dust from the hull and then I laid out the glass cloth. To keep it smooth I hang spring clamps from it all the way around. I took my daughter to school and got right at glassing. By ten thirty I was done with the coating process. I had extra resin so I flipped the shelves I made yesterday over and gave them a coating. I also got the rudders out and glassed the upper cheeks. With an hour and a half until I needed to be at my teaching gig I got out the hull side panels and cut out one inner cabin side. Luckily I oversized the cut a bit though I didn't give it enough belly on the lower edge though this can be corrected. I may be encountering an issue because of how I'm deviating from Wharram's plans with an internal stringer but I've done it so I'll need to take care of it as I go along.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas
Looks like you are really getting back in the groove and she's looking good. Keep at it that deadline is loomimg!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.