If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007






I'm still not in my groove. For some reason I just can't get organized or into the tasks in front of me. Not that this is stopping me from working on hull two. I continued fitting deck beams today. One example of how I'm not in the groove is that I'm not using the most efficient techniques to get work done. Today after staring at a problem with the deck beam on bulkhead 2 that I struggled with on bulkhead 4 yesterday, I suddenly realized that I had the perfect tool to do the work efficiently and neatly. Yesterday the same issue took me a couple of hours to master.

The pictures today show my repair of the broken bulkhead, doubler block installation, temporary tension wire detail and installation of beams and stringers. I'm making plenty of shavings and some progress so I should be happy with my progress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas
Remember my blog a while back headed 'Rollercoaster Ride'? I commented how some days it all comes easy and, as you say, you get in the groove and really make progress, and then you get the times when, for no apparent reason, the brain and hands just don't want to cooperate! I don't think you can force things too much during one of these low periods its counterproductive, I just accept it and just do some simple non taxing stuff to keep moving forward. Maybe its biorythmns or something! Anyway I know you will keep at it and it will all come together soon
Take it easy

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.