If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, March 15, 2007


Blogger works! Owe! My bulkhead exploded. Yes it broke but as it's simple I can fix it. Sad that it broke but this is what I love about Wharram's cats. It feels like you could build one in the jungle with a machete and what surrounds you. As I have been putting hull 2 together, I've been checking dimensions. They are coming out bang on with hull 1. The bulkhead that broke has been relatively easy to get back in line and so far I have glued the crack. Next I plan to tape it and then put a strip of wood on one side if necessary as reinforcement. Today I got all the bulkheads in line and glued up the lower side to the bulkheads. It took some tugging and clamping but all is well and the fillets are in place. I didn't wire them this time round instead I did Spanish windlasses each side with wire from side to side and then drilled a tiny pilot hole and then inserted a screw into the edge of the bulkhead to hold everything in place. I have rubbed down the fillets with rubbing alcohol to smooth them so I can apply fiberglass tape over the joints tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.