If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blogger.com appears not to be accepting photos at the moment. I was going to load a couple of shots from my trip to Valdez Alaska. This is an amazing area. Huge mountains rise right out of the sea. You can ski from peak to sea. Normally it experiences huge amounts of snow. This has been a funny year. Snow has been sporadic and little new has fallen in the last few months. The trip ended up being a great deal of travelling for few turns. I skiied with my friend Michael who lives in Anchorage. The big excitement of the trip was a skier triggered remote avalanche that Michael and I set off. Amazingly it was triggered from about 1500 feet away and was classic in that its peak was at a willow coming out from a rock outcropping at a convex slope that was above 30 degrees slpoe. I was standing on a ridge right above the gully where the debris ended up. The other incredible thing was that a snowmobile had been highmarking the slope about two hours before the avalanche was triggered. Now back, I've unpacked and gotten back to work. Today I removed any remaining wires from the hull and prepped the hull for installing the upper hull sides. Tomorrow I'll sand the upper sides before I install them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.