If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007





Yesterday was an exceptionally fine day. Sunny and it hit 75.8 F so I did wood work in m y bare feet. I put my shoes back on for gluing though. The bunks are now all in and filleted. Using rubbing alcohol to finish the filleted joints is very efficient. I fitted all the topsides, see little locator blocks in photos and then coated them and glued up the butt blocks. Today I will sand them and give them a second coat. This way they'll be ready for installation Monday when I get back from skiing in Valdes Alaska. It's dumping after a couple of weeks of dry cold snowless conditions so I hope it will be really great.

I've now done in less than a month, with my trip to Baja, what it took two months to do before. I really have to thank Scott Williams for opening my eyes up to using screws to temporarily holding things together. It works very well.

If you haven't read James Wharrams February 2007 letter on his website www.wharram.com you should, it's really good and sums up every thing right in sailing in simple boats like his designs and what's wrong with the mega yacht industry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.