If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Friday, February 16, 2007



I have been in a working frenzy for the last couple of days as I am about to take off for a ten day kayak trip in the Baja. I'm looking forward to this trip. It will be good to get on to the water. I hope to visit the Sea of Cortes one day in Tsunamichaser. Over the last couple of days I have pretty much finished all the work on the inside hull below the bunk level, including all filleting, taping and instalation of diagonals. I had to bust into my second supply of resin and went through a lot of filleting compound. Work has gone much faster this time as I understand what needs to be done, had most of the pieces premade and with warmer weather could wait a few hours for one batch of epoxy to set up and then move on to the next task. One exampleof how fast fast things can go is with the intermediate bunk height bulkheads I added in the battery compartment and the footwell. Last time these took me a day to figure out. Yesterday I had them both in in less than an hour. Cleaning up with rubbing alcohol has sped things up too. You don't need to do endless sanding this way. I use a brilo sponge so I can shape or remove excess or spilled epoxy with the green brilo side and smooth out with the yellow sponge side. Today I will just clean up the shed and secure tools and supplies incase there is lousy weather while I'm gone. I may get one or two tasks done but I have much to do before I am ready to leave tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott B. Williams said...

I hope you have a great trip to Baja. Warm weather and clear water will be nice. Amazing progress on the second hull.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.