If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, November 16, 2008


Rachel pours coconut milk on the bow

Ulua is light, an easy carry for myself and Rachel 9 yrs old

All together now using NRS cam lock straps

4 parts make a boat
Building a boat is an ever expanding series of smaller and smaller tasks that take more and more time. Detailing. The beginning is composed of big bold moves. Things move fast and then it all comes to a steady uphill grind. After yesterday's impromptu burst onto the water for a quick test, I spent today detailing the pylons that have now been glued to the ama and are held in place, hopefully at the right angles by the iakos which are strapped to the hull. It's all outside, today being ok weather and with me, a farmer's watchful eye to the sky hoping the rain will hold off long enough to get the harvest in the barn before it pours. I should be cleaning up the garage but instead I'm helping my daughter sew a stuffed toy of her invention - we are a project family. All good but will the epoxy cure enough such that I can take the boat apart and keep the bonds in place. I wait for rain, many small details drag on awaiting completion.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Armstrong said...

thomas, I'm a thomas too, thomas armstrong and I have a weblog at 70.8% Google that to see, the address is slightly different. I've had your site on my bloglist for awhile and was never quite sure why. Liked the name, most likely. I see you've built a Dierking Uula, while working on the larger boat. I'd like to feature you on my blog, but I have some questions for you. Please email me : zekeur@netzero.net so we can converse.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.