If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, October 30, 2008


The last two days have been all about fairing, glassing and filleting the inside of the hull. It turned cold so after I completed glassing the interior, I covered up the top with scrap lumber and put a heater inside to help the epoxy curing process along. I've filled the ends of the hull with scraps of foam from building the ama and then tied it all together with expansion foam. I like the fact that so many parts of this boat are scraps from my Tiki 26 build. I kept almost all the cut offs of plywood and timber from that build so I have a good deal of material mincluding glassing tools, epoxy, cloth and the likes. Tomorrow I hope to get started on installing the watertight bulkheads at each end and the mast support web at station 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.