If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, October 27, 2008






Today was the big day, popping the hull off the molds. I was up early 5am to draft up the shapes for the stands to hold the hull. I built them right after I dropped off my daughter off at school. Then I pulled and pried and tussled with the hull until suddenly it released from the molds. Instead of being a heavy, difficult thing to move about the hull with glass on the outside was super light. 20 pounds on the bath scale. Very cool. The weather on the other hand has been totally cooperating, sunny and tee-shirt only required. It should stay that way for a few more days.
I spent the whole day there after cleaning out the garage, ridding the inside of the hull of glue bubbles and fairing as much as I could with a surf form and a sander. I cut some temporary gunnels and set it up in the garage I made the bulkheads for the ends then did the midline fillet. It feels good though I'm worried my scantlings are on the light side. One thing I'm going to do different is that I plan to fill the ends with foam from stn 0 to 2 and from 16 to 18. This will make the end storage compartments smaller but that is perfectly ok with me as I see them being mainly for bouyancy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.