If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I've finished what I can on my Ulua this fall/winter. I can't paint or the likes as its too cold. No fear of solar damaged to the epoxy this winter and all the bits and pieces are done so I've moved the boat the edge of the shop and have started a new project - building a bamboo surfboard. I want to get a sense of how lightis possible and develop some techniques I've been thinking about for surfboard building. I'm building a 7'-6" plank as it fits in the shop with all the other stuff that goes in there. Besides I tired of living with two bikes in my office that I constantly trip over.

Even though I've put my outrigger aside doesn't mean it won't get on the water. It's pretty deary right now in Seattle but the first good day I'll get it out on the water. I still need to take it for a sail.

I have finished up my simple rudder set up. Everything is lightly glued on with 5 min epoxy so it'll be easy to remove if it came to that. It tested out great in the water so I think it is pretty successful. All it is is a Wharram style "stiched" on rudder to a skeg, fishing line from a small hole in the aft top of the rudder leading forward on the outside of the hull to two small holes near the gunnel that cross under the rear seat go through two rope fairleads and on the the rudder bar. THe rudder bar is held in place with top lines at the ends and a center pivot line. It works amazingly well!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.