If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, February 08, 2009






The above sequence show how I'm going to mount the fin to the board. I added a chunk of wood to the inside of the hull to make a fin box. This is what I routed into to make a slot for the fin. The jig worked perfect so I got the fin straight and center. I'll either glass it in or find a way to lock it in so it can be removed. The front of the fin has a section that ges into a slot so it's locke din place. I'll need to lock the back in place. The real trick is to make it stiff enough that it doesn't rock from side to side.

2 Comments:

Blogger c.c.o'h. said...

http://www.bamboosurfboardshawaii.com/ have you seen these?

10:14 PM  
Blogger tsunamichaser said...

I been in contact with Gary Young who makes these. It's thin bamboo over a foam core. I'm trying to get away from a board with foam.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.