If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Saturday, January 30, 2010



We had a good race today. Maybe I should train between events instead of just showing up and trying to muscle my way to the finish. A second place in the mixed masters isn't bad until you realize there were only two boats in that class! But he says there were boats behinds us we weren't dea last... The new ama performed great giving Lise the reach she needed and the boat the trim I was trying to achieve. I really like Gary Dierking's design even if it isn't competative with the ultra light purpose built race boats but then like I tell everyone; "we can carry more fish!" People like it too. Everytime we are at an event we get plenty of lookers who want to know about it. I need to make up a card with Dierking's blog site on it. One of the things I should do is stretch it. Four more feet would give it a longer waterline and better glide. It could use to loose a few pounds too. Lise and I will have to try a race OC-2 one of these days and see how we do. Any way mid-race when I was getting into the groove and looking to pass the boat ahead, pull away from the paddle board on our tail (those are fast) and was digging for my reserves, I started thinking about how I could use this one as a plug for a carbon fiber and foam hull ultralight and stretched Ulua. It definitely has me thinking. ....now where my copy of Gary's book? I need to check the center cross section dimensions!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tsunamichaser, Love your ulua it looks like you have the reach problem figured out for the front seat. I built an Ulua 24' last summer and have been racing it 3 man in the HIPA races here on the big island. I'm starting an Ulua 27 OC 3 in a week or so and will be making a few changes to make her track a bit better. Aloha , Terry neubert.terry@gmail.com

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.