If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm starting to see why I paid all that money for architecture graduate school - I learned how to draft! Mixing those skills with my traditional navigation skills and the various navigation tools I own like three armed protractors and parallel rules, I am quick and accurate at layout.

Today was a hot one. It hit 80 F. Hotter in the building shed. I'm not complaining I got to work half naked enjoying the last days of summer before the rains really set in. I spent the day lofting the upper hull sides, stem and stern and three of the bulkheads. I built a sloped desk for the plan book and screwed clothes pegs to the wall to hold the drawing sheets.

Templates are the way to go and I am happy I had made some of these over the weekend. Transferring the lines on to the plywood was efficient and accurate and I was able to layout the elements so that I optimise the plywood and have pieces left over big enough to make shelves and other interior bits. I kept listening for the UPS truck to deliver my digital scale so I can start coating the sheets. I have other things to do before I get to that so really I'm not in a rush to start the epoxy part. Perhaps the UPS truck will deliver tomorrow... I'm in that honeymoon phase where it feels like I can get this first hull done in say "a week?" Like I said, the honeymoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.