If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006



Today I broke open the pails of SystemThree EZ-fillet. This stuff is way better than mixing your own. Each batch is the same! I worked through late morning until about an hour ago (I let them cure for about 3-5 hours before tooling them to their final smoothness using my ball technique) doing all the keel fillets except the one at the stern. After cutting all the wires in the keel and removing them (I'm using rebar tie wire. It's strong easy to work with, cheap and because it has a thin oil coating comes out just fine as long as it is relatively straight.) I started working on fillets in each bay. After scuffing up the keel epoxy and vacuuming out the debris, I poured/scraped the EZ-fillet into the trough between the hull sides. This would be a good job for someone with drywall or plastering experience. I made a series of plastic scrapers and proceeded to spread the fillet pretending it was a glacier flowing down a valley. Once the surface was clean, I scraped the excess on the side off and wiped up spills with a rag. I then let them sit until they were tacky. I places a sheet of plastic film over the fillet and then rolled the appropriate size ball back and forth until the fillet was very smooth with no bumps or ridges. This worked great except right up against the bulkheads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.