If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, October 26, 2006



Update: Blogger is now posting 6 am PST! It would be cool if blogger gave you realtime stats on how many people are logged in at any one time like Skype does. The photos I've uploaded are of the finished glass in the bow section. Note small air bubbles near bulkhead. This area had some slight roughness to the fillet.

Blogger won't post pictures (10pm PST) at the moment so I'll upload today's images later or tomorrow. If yesterday was a day for experimenting today was a day for production. I filleted the stern section first thing this morning then moved on to glassing the remaining bays with 12 oz biaxial tape. In the afternoon I installed diagonals in the front two bays and then as the stern bay fillet had cured to tacky, I glassed it. Once I install the remaining diagonals, I'll be installing the bulkhead fillets. Wharram does not indicate that these get glass tape but I plan on finishing them with 6 oz biaxial tape, probably in a 3" wide strip. The reason is that my experience is that this can be a weak joint when just filleted. Today before I glasses the keel seam I went over the area where the tape was to be placed with a furniture scraper. This worked very well. I took off some high spots where I had spilled resin and hadn't wiped it off. This runs or high spots interfere with the cloth laying down perfectly without separation, trapped air or excessive resin between the cloth and plywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.