If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Consequent of my sticking my arm into fresh epoxy (I did have a long sleeve shirt on but it soaked through) and the comment to my earlier post, I'm posting a couple of safety links. One by Sam Devlin, a Pacific Northwest boatbuilder and one from the manufacturer of the epoxy I'm using, SystemThree.

http://www.masepoxies.com/safety.htm

http://www.systemthree.com/index_2.asp - you will need to become a member (free) to access their Epoxy Book which has a lot of great information and this is great epoxy.

I've used it for twenty years and it has never failed me. One of the toughest project, where I used SystemThree, was the pictured ultra thin/light weight outrigger paddle I built. The reinforcing on the blade is a scrap of cloth my wife found while trekking in Mali.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.