If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, January 11, 2007


Despite blowing off the "day's work" to go skiing, I still managed to get some work done yesterday. I live less than a hour away from a mountain pass that offers excellent skiing. Excellent skiing was certainly the case yesterday. With about 12 inches of powder on the runs and knee deep powder in the trees and off-piste, my skiing partner, Sarah, and I whooped it up for three plus hours. The added bonus was that there was next to no one there, less than 100 cars in the parking lots. As Sarah needed to get back to town to take her kids to piano lessons, I returned too. I picked up some 40 grit sanding discs for my random orbital on the way home and then after a well deserved mug of joe spent two hours sanding the side of the hull that I applied the serrated fairing compound to. I now realise that I applied it with too deep of a serrated knife. This means I'm wasting some material but hey, I said I was experimenting. One thing I've discovered, which I will be able to correct, is that the hull has dips at bulkheads 2 and 4 at the upper hull panels. I'll fill these with fairing compound. I will also check dimensions on the other set of bulkheads and see if I mis-measured when I made the bulkheads originally. Today is cold with a good coating of snow and ice on everything. Too cold to do epoxy work but I'll spend the day sanding the hull more. The key there will be not sanding all the way through to the fiberglass cloth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.