If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, February 04, 2007


I flipped the hull back upright today as the temperature isn't right for spraying the hull with System Three WR-155 primer. As soon as I had it upright and back on the stands it was like, "Man do I have a lot of work to do before I can start number two." This is a huge project! I want to be on the water in 138 days, I've been at it for 132 days. That means this Wednesday is the mid-point. As spring comes atleast it will be warmer and I'll be able to keep at it. And hopefully I've learned a few things. What I need is to increase my production. Building one hull at a time is slower, I'm sure. In the spirit of production I did the same amount of work on the main and aft beam tonight as I did on the front beam over three days. The plan is to get these finished up to the same point as the other beam this week, start on the tillers as the lumber shows up tomorrow and get significant work done on the hull. I having some sanding and coating to do on the inside, deck beams to coat and decks to be made and placed oh and the cabin too. See ---it's a huge project!! I'm glad it's a "simple" project!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott B. Williams said...

You're right about it being a huge project! And I'm just beginning. It feels good every time I get something done though, no matter how small. It really is a journey. Like the long kayak trips I've done. If you think too much about the total distance at the beginning, it's frightening. It's best to just start paddling and focus on the goal for each day.

I think you'll make your projected launch date. The weather will be getting warm, epoxy will cure faster, and you're building momentum. I haven't ventured to project a launch date yet, but I think it will not be in '07, but rather sometime early next year, since I can't work full time on it.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.