If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007





I was busy today! Despite the cool morning temperatures I ploughed on. First I worked on the main and aft beams making all the knees and butt blocks. I've shown my way of drilling the limber holes. I trimed the over hanging cloth from the glassed fairing for the front beam. I glassed it before I install it. This will be my technique for the other beams too but in this case I will do all three parts, web, bottom and fairing. Once I had the beam knees and butt blocks cut I glued up the web and bottom for both beams. I had a little lunch then launched into final coat on the one side of the hull. I got it on its side and mixed up a near quart of white pigmented mix. This I spread out and then back rolled. It looked pretty good but once I tipped it out with a brush it was mirror like. I think I've got this side where I want it. A light sand with 220 cloth and then a sprayed coat of two part primer and I'll be on my way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.