If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, January 25, 2007




I have been head down with the sander running hard! I finished up my go of sanding around lunch today after putting about 3 hours of sanding in per side. Like I said, Faring is turning out to be something of an experiment for me. After a good clean up of the shed, I flipped the hull on its side so the one go cover everything faired side was up. I wiped it clean of dust and washed it with denatured alcohol. Once this had evaporated I mixed up a large batch of resin and layed it on with a squeegee and then back rolled it with a foam roller. It took 715 grams of resin to cover the side. Most likely I'll leave it to cure until Monday then I'll work on the other side. The serrated fairing side is turning out to be something of a challenge. The bond between the new fairing material and the original hasn't been perfect so some of it has come off. My plan is to comeplete sanding of the side and then coat it with resin. I'll then come back with more fairing compound as necessary to finish up the fairing and then give it a final resin coat. I hope this works!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.