If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, January 14, 2007


Sunday morning. Where am I freak'in living? It is -4 c with snow on the ground and this snow doesn't appear to be going anywhere soon. This is suppose to be lotus land where the snow stays in the mountains and maybe shows up for an afternoon just so the kiddies here don't get freaked out when they finally encounter it elsewhere and so they can build the obligatory snow dirt grass man. Without heat in the shed I am stuck until the temperature climbs so I can continue doing epoxy. Yesterday I thought I'd get started on making tillers but couldn't find a suitable source of White Oak so I will need to look farther away. Speaking of white oak, I dreamed about trees and about where this boat comes from. A part of me wishes that I was able to go out into my own forest to select the wood and that the boat came from lumber all locally gathered. The dream was complicated in that I visited not only the place where the tree came from but the time when it was a sapling. Something of a spirit walk. As I can't work of the hull, I'm looking for smaller projects so I will pick up on the beams. I have cut some of the major plywood pieces which I can start assembling in my basement. I'll just have to create a protected gluing area and see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.