If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, January 11, 2007


Last night's snow turned into a frozen bluebird day. I spent a couple of hours in the shed sanding the completely faired side of the hull. This went much slower than the serrated side. After a couple of hours I noticed that I wasn't feeling my fingers anymore. I went in for tea to warm up and inadvertantly had a nap! The next couple of days are suppose to be on the frozen side of the thermometer so I'm not sure how much work I'll be able to get done. I certainly won't be doing any epoxy work unless I move it into the house. Maybe I'll dig out as much old clothes as I can find tomorrow and a pair of old ski gloves and see what I can get done on the sanding front. I'd like to get the hull turned right side up again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thomas
Just wanted to say that the hull looks beautiful in this recent photo. I know that staring at a surface for hours on end whilst sanding warps your view and its easy to end up with a final finish that doesn't quite satisfy but I think you will persist and be able to take pride every time you look at the finished hull. Take it easy

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.