If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Another busy day. I fitted half round strips of oak on the underside of the cabin roof to stiffen the roof and to add a little wood on the inside of the cabin. I went with half rounds as they were the easiest to install now that the inside is painted. I made a cutting jig which I used to guide a 1" hole saw normally used in plumbing. These work great when run backwards. They don't chew up your work that way and make a very cleqan cut. Once the cut outs were made in the Doug Fir 1x2's at the tops of the bulkheads, I laid in the half rounds and dropped the cabin top on to them. Then I drilled and screwed them in place. This way I could remove them and have them in the right spot. I pulled the screws added glue, after scraping away the paint and refastened them. By this evening I was able to give them their final coat of epoxy to give them a bright finish. At the same time I coated the decks with a second coat of resin to fill in the cloth weave. I had light sanded this earier in the day so that any bumps were smooth off. It's looking pretty good. I can't wait to get the roof fastened in place.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.