If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I now have one deck glassed. To get to this point took some preparation. I had to clear the hulls of all the things I had stored on top of the decks. The first step was to remove masking from the inside of the hulls, vaccum out the holds and install the bunk hatches. I also had to go on a shopping trip to get enough materials to carry me through the weekend. While I was out buying stuff I got materials for building the 27 foot long table on which I will be building the mast. That starts next week. To get ready for glassing the decks I needed to do a fair amount of sanding. The shear strake fillet and screw hole plugs all needed to be sanded out. As did the decks. I detailed the edges and joints at the cabins and the hull ends. The fillets I'd made the night before turned out nicely. For the first time however I ran into some un-cured epoxy. It was pretty minor as it was just at one screw hole. The reason was that when I was plugging the holes I was running low on material and was scraping the very last material out of the mixing container from the joint at the bottom. Easily fixed but a lesson learned.

Detail view of the deck joint. I've held the rail down slightly to give the deck a more detailed look.


I left this sticker on the plywood from the manufacturer. I did'nt get the masking tape sealed perfectly so I will need to detail the edge.


Ready for glass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.