If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

In preparation for the installation of the shear rail, I edge taped the deck and cabin to the hull. This took longer than expected. I still have one more hull to do in fact. First I sanded the deck (wood) and the hull (glass and fairing compound) then cleared all the sanding dust and did a wipe down with rubbing alcohol. As I wanted a clean consistent line, I taped the cloth in place just along its edge. I'm using 4" wide glass tape. As it was laying down over the curved edge very nicely without any modifications I began wetting it out starting from the blue tape edge and working towards the free edge with a 3" wide rubber squeegee and a 2" chip brush which I cut the bristles down to half lenght. This worked great. It was warm yesterday so I had to work with small batches of resin. In all it took a couple of hours to complete the one hull. My plan is to do the other one this morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.