If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Friday, April 20, 2007

The epoxy I used to fill screw holes in the decks and make shelf fillets with hadn't cured overnight to where I could sand it so I spent the morning on various catch up tasks. First thing was to make a list of things to do over the next week plus on the hulls. Next was to create templates for the seat box bracket that I will add to the inboard side of each hull. With a little ingenuity, some custom made jigs and a hot glue gun I pushed on. I made the templates out of scrap 6mm plywood but likely will use 9mm ply to make the actual brackets. Hot glue was a great way to temprarily attach the brackets. I've now cut all the hull components out so what remains of full sheets of plywood is 3 5x10 foot sheets of 9 mm and 2 4x8 sheets of 6 mm plus some full length partial width scraps. These will go into making, amongst other odds and ends, four seat boxes that can be bolted to the seat brackets I templated. Two boxes will be bolted together end to end and then bolted to the bracket. A flange will be attached to the inboard bottom edge of the boxes to which either a trampoline style floor or a hard floor can be attached. That's the plan anyway!


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.