If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Not too much work today. I went kite flying with my daughter. For some reason everything turns into the game of tag so today it was soccer tag! Sounds like an excuse to run which is just fine with me as I love to run. So we ran up and down the hills in the park were we flew the kite with me being it and never not being it as apparently tag has shifting rules. I look forward to flying kites from the Tiki.
The work I did get to today was all about cabin sides. I now have three sides cut to fit. I am angling the bottom edge where the sides meet the hull. This I'm doing in place with my Porter Cable worm drive panel saw set at minimum depth to just cut through all the veneers.


Bow and stern views of the cabin sides. I have still to cut the windows and washboard slot.

Close up of the hull side cut to fit.


Sitting in the cabin to get a feel for life in a Tiki 26 - note plywood manufacture's sticker. I have epoxied over it and plan to leave it unpainted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.