If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Monday, April 09, 2007

It's school break - spring break for a week. I'm hanging with my daughter so I have to work around things. Things like story reading, kite flying, a trip to the library and a trip to get doughnuts and coffee. This is my main task this week hanging with her. It's fun but not productive on the Tiki. I'll work in the "off hours." In the end this turned out ok today. I got 1.5 hours in this morning and then about five this evening. It's 10:20 pm and I just stopped working. My mission this week is to prepare the hulls to receive the decks and with some luck actually install them. That means fitting them, sanding, attaching beams, priming, painting and then committing to gluing them down in place. I also hope to prepare the cabin area for sides and cabin top. Yes I know that's pretty ambitious but I'd rather fall short than not have a big appetite. Besides I managed a fair deal of work today. I trimmed the cabin bulkheads so that the roof line in fair. I fitted all four decks and screwed the cabin stringers to them. I finished fitting and gluing in place all the rest of the beams (for hatches) and stringers in the end compartments and the large hold forward of the cabins. Tomorrow I'll sand and then glue the stringers in place in preparation for primer and paint. That is if I can fit it in around spring break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.