If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, April 01, 2007


Plastic covering the rear deck.

Inside view of cabin rear

Another view from outside.

Well this is kind of hard to admit to all of you following my blog but I have decided to give up on building this project. I've searched deep and wide in my soul and have come to the conclusion that I'm not a sailor. A hard discovery yes but what I really want to be is a specialty farmer growing minature cacti. Being stuck with the two hulls I've built, I'm trying to figure out how to put them to use. Here's the idea I've struck upon. I can turn the hulls into greenhouses. I've talked to my neighbors and they are ok with me parking the hulls in my front yard (better sunlight) filling them with dirt up to the bunk level and getting on with the business of farming. Thanks for your interest in my blog. If you'd like to buy some of my unique "Tiki grown minature cacti" keep in touch, I'll soon post a link to my new website, when I get it launched, www.tikicacti.com The first crop should be ready in fifteen years. As for the sails I ordered from Jeckells, they'll make wonderful new sheets for my bed with a little triming.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott B. Williams said...

Excellent idea for the use of the hulls and sails, but what about those crossbeams you've already built? Surely you can think of some creative use for them in your new farming project. And all that mast timber? Tomato stakes, perhaps?

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it you come up with the best ideas first? Its brilliant, I am going to follow your lead but with a twist - Mushrooms! Black polythene over the skeletons and I have 2 38ft x 5ft growing sheds!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.