If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Well apparently there is some ordinance against commercial cacti farming in my city so I 'm back to regular old build a boat and go sailing mode! Anyway I need to do some further research on the type of cacti around the world and what better way to get there than by Tiki.

I'm bummed out about the 'death' of my camera. Thanks to the reader who sent me the link to the self fix website. I've had the cover off the camera to see if I could blow out any foriegn material, like mexican sand, which I did but still it doesn't work. Also it's not exactly like the one they show being disassembled so I'm a little hesitant at going for it.

E18 Error code

I've been busy working on various interior aspects of the boat getting it ready to close up. As I am painting the interior and as I have a spray set up, I'd like to prior to putting the decks and cabin sides and roof on. My plan is to mask off the edges where I need to make fillets and then spray the rest. Yesterday I did the bunk hatches. They appear to have come out ok. I did them in white which is all very white and not as pretty as the wood but having had an all wood interior on my last boat and eventually getting frustrated with the amount of artificial lights it took to light up the boat I'm painting. I'll have wood accents and as a plan to use soft shelving and storage on the interior I'll make these out of cheerful colored cloth.

Hatches painted with SystemThree two part epoxy primer

I have also now foamed the bow and stern compartments. I used a two part expansion foam with rigid insulation filling the middle. This worked pretty well though is wasn't very pretty. I'll be adding a glassed in deck above this so I can use the end compartments for light storage. My basic goal was to build in collision bulkheads. Hopefully this all works. I'm not super excited about having fully sealed areas (rot) but hopefully everything was perfectly coated.


"Ugly Foam!"



Decks and mini decks coated for installation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.