If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007


This is an image of the bow of H2. The beams are rough glued in place in front of the cabin space. I'll sand as needed before the final deck placement. I'm using T-astragal in these locations to get strength without adding weight as there will be openings in these locations for the hatches I'm installing. The decks in these areas are very rigid. This is not the case where I've used the standard 1x2 stringers. The deck is quite flexible in these locations though they should stiffen up some once the stringers are glued to the deck and the beams and the deck is glassed. If this is not the case I will either add an intermediate beam (the stringers span 4 feet) or add a flange to the bottom of the stringers to increase their section.

Here are the decks viewed from the underside. The cabin stringers are temporarily screwed in place. Today I'll sand the undersides of the deck and the stringer tops then glue everything together. Before I install the decks I'll prime and paint the underside that way I won't be painting in the confined space end spaces except where the deck to hull fillets are.

I just realised that I have'nt marked the rough hull-deck line on the decks so I will need to mount the decks again to do this. An advantage of taking photos and getting a different perspective. Marking this line is important so I can figure out where to mask off for painting the deck undersides. I've oversized the decks so I can get a good final fit. My paint order is suppose to arrive today. I hope it does. It looks like the weather will stay good, not great like last week but warm enough to work with the rain mostly holding off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.