If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

PLAYDATE day! My daughter went to a friends place. I had seven hours to myself to plow on with work. A little cold today with rain on the horizon so I started off with cleaning up yesterday's epoxy work in the end compartments and storage area. I trimmed various bits and pieces in anticipation of mounting the decks. After doing these tasks and with no sign of significant temperature climb, I warmed up the epoxy in a buckect of hot water so I could glue up the stringers to the deck. This went well but I need to wait until atleast tomorrow before I can sand and prime the deck undersides. Thinking of it, I'll move the decks inside right now. ---Done!





Hope I got everything in the right position!



I had been trying to figure out how I was going to mill 24 foot long mast sections in a thirty-five foot long backyard. While I was away this past weekend it came to me. I was at first going to move it out onto the sidewalk in front of my house or onto my driveway but both are sloped. Then the solution came to me. Remove a window pane from a basement window and run the mast sections right into the basement. It worked brilliantly. I jury-rigged up a couple of rollers, one either side of the planer and started feeding the rough stock through the planer. I milled the faces smooth on the larger stock - to be used for triangle sections inside the mast and milled the planks that will be the mast faces to 1/8" thicker than spec.



View from inside the basement.



A load od wood chips from the planer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.