If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Today was a great day! All the decks are now installed. They are screwed and strapped in place. I'll leave them for a few days until the epoxy is well set up. As the decks are curved they are pretty sprung and I'd hate for any of the joints to fail. I need to do as much filleting as I can on the inside but it seems that most of the strain will be taken on the outside by the glass cloth I'll add over the edge connecting the deck to the hull. It feels good to have made the decision to get the decks on. Before doing so I made sure I could still paint the interior with my spray gun. It will just be possible. I'll need to be sure my respirator seals well to my face and that I have a fan going and the shed tarp up! The cabin tops will be ready for sanding tomorrow so besides getting fillets done on the cabin to hull line, the cabin tops will be in the work mix. I need to do some fillet and joint clean up on the inside to prep for paint. I get to that soon but then I'll need to wait for consistent warm weather. One thing I still need to do is I need to flip Hull two to finish the keel, one more layer of glass cloth and then I need to fair it. Plenty to do but I look forward to getting going on the mast and the various other tasks including seat boxes and cockpit. Sooooooo much to do!!



Last deck ready to be installed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas she's really coming together now! Soooooo much to do? Nah you're nearly finished! Now me I really do have soooooo much to do!
Take it Easy

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.