If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I got a good long day of work in today. After finishing glassing the edge of the second hull first thing in the morning, I switched to getting the shear strake ready for installation. I routed in a drip groove on the underside using the jig I made. It worked like a charm. Instead of pushing the wood over the router I ran the jig with the router attached along the wood with the wood held in two braces. I sanded everything, layed out the screw holes drilled everything and dryfitted it. The next piece is to figure out how to finish up the ends. It'll be simple, no fancy carvings. ...but then again I might carve some kinf of figure into the ends. Tomorrow I'll try to get the ends done so I can make sure everything fits before I glue it all up and fillet the deck seam, then I'll be ready to glass the decks and cabin

Test piece with groove routed into it.

Router jig

Another view if the jig

Jig sitting on actual piece

Shear/rub strake dry fitted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.