If you are a dreamer, a doer, a horizon viewer - come in! come in! Announce yourself and let it be known.
The seed of adventure has been sown.

The goal is to take this boat on a trip that no other Wharram boat has taken.
From Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories up the MacKenzie River to the Beafort Sea
and westward to the Bering Sea and south to the inside passage on the Alaska and British Columbia coast.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I worked on a couple of things today though my day was interrupted by a visit from one of my brothers. He was flying through on his way to Europe. We had lunch together, caught up and continued on our way.

I masked and did a first coat of primer on the cabin top and the insides of the cabin sides. It was about 55 F and 70% humidity so I was glad I am using a water-based, epoxy modified primer/paint. It will take a couple of days to cure but warmer drier weather should help this along. I picked up more fasteners for the attaching of the shear strake and some acrylic discs I plan to use to mount my solar powered cabin light below. These are cool as they have both white and red LED lights and are not very expensive, $16 each from Solight.

I may be adding stiffeners under the deck in the forward raised cabin area.

Cabin top with first coat of primer.

Solight (http://www.sollight.com/products/lightship.cfm) in white mode. Blue disc is protected acrylic disc.

Solight (http://www.sollight.com/products/lightship.cfm) in red mode. Blue disc is protected acrylic disc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • CLICK HERE TO SHUFFLE MY PHOTOS

    Spot Track

  • Track Tsunamichaser
  • Spot Track
    Click link above the Spot to see where Tsunamichaser is.